ACI Services Inc., a growing leader in the dynamic gas compressor industry serving the natural gas, refinery, and chemical markets, seeks a team player to fill the position of CNC Machinist.
The CNC machinist will become a critical contributor to the company’s strategic plan to bring manufacturing in house, contributing to a dynamic, energetic, technological, high precision manufacturing team.
The successful candidate is one who not only possesses the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics required for the job but also identifies with our values and culture.
ACI is a leader in the world of compressors, with deep engineering expertise and customer focus that has made it successful since 1960. Our core values are accountability, customer focus, integrity, and professionalism. Our mission is bold: To influence every compressor in the market!
We care about our people. And we recently asked them, “What sets ACI apart from other companies?”
Here’s what our leaders said:
- Stable company – We have been in operation for 60 years
- Provide skills for your next job – opportunity for growth
- Believe your time is valuable – family is important
- Be a team member of an industry leader
- Average tenure is 10 years – team members stay with ACI
- Ownership is involved in the company – focused on the team and the business
- Benefits package – very competitive
- Location – Small town atmosphere within driving distance of large cities
Here’s what the team said:
- New challenges every day
- Leadership is willing to adjust work schedules to accommodate life
- Company is family oriented
- Our ideas matter and are listened to
- Our work makes a difference
- Great co-workers and a great work environment; the people and culture are genuine
- Innovative products and ideas
Being part of ACI means being part of something bigger than you. It’s about being part of an organization that takes pride in its excellence and innovation, competing and doing business around the globe. Everyone has the chance to make an impact.
To continue our success, we need additional top-notch team members. Maybe that means YOU.
The Opportunity and Who We Need
ACI has recently embarked upon an aggressive growth strategy based upon what we do best, and we will only achieve our goals with a seasoned skilled CNC Machinist.
The CNC Machinist will have the opportunity to set-up and operate a wide array of CNC style lathes and horizontal milling equipment.
The ideal candidate is an active self-starter with the ability to get the job assigned done in the short-term while having the ability to set-up, plan, and structure the next job for machining. They have a sense of urgency, works hard, motivated by goals, driven by results, not afraid to ask questions and challenge the rest of the manufacturing team to become better. The candidate is focused, punctual, and attentive to details. They have a high mechanical aptitude that they are willing to bring to a team environment sharing their knowledge by problem solving the day’s challenge to meet the production schedule.
This person has to bring a positive attitude and be able to influence and sell ideas to others. He or she knows how to prioritize yet is able to deal with a dynamic schedule without becoming frustrated.
The ideal candidate also has a rich understanding of machining and manufacturing processes and wants to share their knowledge and experience.
The ideal candidate understands our core values:
- Customer Focus,
- Integrity, and
They understand and live these principles. This person wants to be part of a growing team and is able and willing to grow with the business.
What is the Position?
|Job title: CNC Machinist Level I||FLSA status: Non-Exempt Reports to: Machining Manager|
The CNC Machinist will produce precision metal components which require you to review engineering drawings to Set- up, operate and maintain equipment for forming raw metal by cutting, forming, and bending into reciprocating compressor related components. One will read and interpret detailed engineering drawings to identify tolerance and size requirements, including working with engineering and production control as required.
· Graduation from high school and three (3) years’ experience in a manufacturing operation, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must be able to obtain OSHA required Forklift Certification.
· Will be computer literate, particularly in shop floor control, production planning, and inventory control applications.
· Knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments include, but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators, and scales.
· Knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an understanding of geometric tolerancing and dimensions.
· Knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts, and other accessories on various machines.
· Must possess the senses of sight, hearing and have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
· Must have the ability to speak with poise, voice control, and confidence, using a well-modulated voice.
· Must possess the ability to coordinate a variety of routine projects and activities simultaneously without losing control, poise, or professionalism.
· Okuma CNC Lathe
· Fanuc CNC Lathe
· Horizontal Mill experience
· Mastercam Programming
|Salary and Benefits
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications.
|Location and Work Environment
This position will require work at the ACI Cambridge facility. The average workday will be 8 to 10 hours a day Monday thru Friday. Occasional weekend O.T. is required.
|Tentative Start Date
What are the Next Steps?
If you’re ready to learn more and apply, send your résumé as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) file or PDF via e-mail to email@example.com.
If you have questions, please call and speak directly to our Machining Manager Larry Peters at (740) 435-0260 ext. 510
Visit us on the web at www.aciservicesinc.com.
Consider starting an exciting career with ACI—the compression experts!